Alliant Energy has been named to Newsweek’s America’s Most Responsible Companies 2021 List
Meet Sustainability Goals
Sustainable companies are growing at a faster rate. Partner with an energy solutions provider that can help you meet the environmental demands of your customers.
Transitioning Our Energy Resources
Alliant Energy is moving toward cleaner, more renewable sources. Over 33% of our power currently comes from renewable sources. With significant investments in wind and solar, we expect to reach 44% renewable energy by 2030.
It takes energy to create a better world.
That's why we're partnering with businesses and communities with big ideas and a bold vision. By working together, we can achieve more. With your leadership, we can push the boundaries and build a greener tomorrow.
We offer three renewable solutions designed to meet your sustainability goals. These programs can be combined to meet your desired mix of renewable energy. Whether you are just getting started or you’re ready to transition to 100% clean, renewable energy, we have solutions to make your vision a reality.
With community solar, you can buy blocks (% share) in a local solar project up to 100% of your energy use.
We will partner with your business to host an Alliant Energy solar farm or battery storage system on-site in exchange for a monthly lease payment.
Alliant Energy will build, own and maintain a dedicated solar site on your behalf. You buy the energy generated at a contracted rate.
Advancing Clean Energy
Meet sustainability goals with our continued commitment to clean energy.
- Renewables will be over 44% of our energy mix
- Carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from fossil-fueled generation will be reduced by 50%
- Water supply needs from fossil-fueled generation will be decreased by 75%
- We will eliminate all existing coal from our energy mix
- C02 emissions from fossil-fueled generation will be reduced by 80%
- We will reach net-zero CO2 emissions from the electricity we generate