Industrial growth is paramount to the communities we serve. Economic development is vital to our success. Load growth helps us manage costs for all our customers.
As of December 1, we successfully assisted in major expansions for existing customers and recruited new companies this year throughout our Iowa and Wisconsin markets.
- 58 industrial projects across our service area.
- 20 new manufacturing operations.
- 38 expansions of existing industry.
- Over $1.53 billion in new capital investment.
- Nearly 4,100 new jobs in the communities we serve.
Below are two key industries that have realized growth in the region:
- Ten original equipment manufacturers (primarily metal equipment producers) expanded in the region. Notable expansions included construction and agriculture equipment manufacturers Vermeer Corporation, ALMACO and Weiler Inc.
- Nine food processing and ingredients companies expanded here. Familiar brands include General Mills, Tyson Fresh Meats, ADM, Saputo Cheese and Kerry Ingredients.